Sunday 27 April 2014

Gig Report: Jonathan Wilson Shines

Jonathan Wilson Shines
Bowery Ballroom in NYC
2.12.2014
Reviewed by: Lady Lea

I guess I'm getting a bit old for metal shows these days and have been going to some rock songs in NYC for awhile. Although, I've started out as a rocker before I was a metalhead. I love both genres but lately just been in the mood for some rock gigs. Than again it comes my budget being that's its been difficult to find work like so many NYers. Anyways, so I took a walk down to the Bowery Ballroom with two of my friends to check out Jonathan Wilson Shines because the ticket price was right to enter and not going to add more holes in my pocket.


I didn't think it would be this packed but it sure was. I'm not sure if it sold out or not but a nice crowd for sure. singer-songwriter Jonathan Wilson. He performed a nice set list from songs off his latest release, "Fanfare", and material of his album in 2011, "Gentle Spirit." It was a nice mixture songs fans like myself appreciated, "Dear Friend", "Party" and "Angel" which happen to be my top three songs and you know that I was pleased to hear them live. The atmospheric mood and heavy guitar jams won me over and even better live then on recordings at least to me. He performed for about a 90 minute set which was worth while and I got my rock on throughout this gig. Great times with good friends, nice crowd, music and few drinks leaving on great rock night.

No comments:

Post a Comment