READ OUR GUIDELINES BEFORE YOU SEND
At Obscure Chaos Zine, we are willing to check out new releases from accepted genres Rock, Metal, Hardcore and Punk bands world wide in which will be considered for review. Album submission can be done via digital or physical formats. Bands and labels can submit their releases for review consideration through the following methods:
* Streaming promos, and single track samples will not be reviewed.*
READ OUR GUIDELINES
If you are sending us a digital copy of the album, please send to email@example.com.
What to include (for digital promo) Please include the following in the promotional packages that are sent to us to assists us in reviewing your release:
1. Full album in ONLY IN mp3 format
2. Full titles of your tracks.
4. High resolution album artwork
5. High resolution band logo
6. High resolution band photo
7. Band bio
8. Album release info sheet.
If you are sending us a physical promo, please send your material to the following address:
ATTN: Mario Rienzo
C/O Obscure Chaos Zine
1811 Grove Street, Apt 2R
Ridgewood, NY 11385
What to include (for physical promo) If you are sending a demo/album for review, please make sure the envelope is clearly marked Album Review for OCZ and include a biography, black and white photo, contact address, email, websites, facebook page or phone number. Please also ensure your band name is written clearly as deciphering spiky logos can be near impossible to read at times and your information should be legible to read so we can get in touch with you.
Formats Please note that we only accept the following formats, and
Album reviews take the following order of priority:
* Please note that due to the number of promos that we receive, the reviews will all take time. But physical releases will definitely be reviewed, while digital promos will only be reviewed if it interests the reviewer.
Lastly, expect nothing but honest reviews by the staff member (s). Bands that cannot take criticisms should not send their releases for review to us, and reviews will not be edited other than for factual errors (e.g. lineup, song title change, etc.).