Saturday 12 July 2014

Interview - My Ink: Reggae Of Terror - Lead Vocals/Guitarist of Reign Of Terror & Co-owner Obscure Chaos Zine

Name: Reggae Of Terror
Profession: Lead Vocals/Guitarist of 
Reign Of Terror
Co-owner Obscure Chaos Zine
E-mail interview by: Lady Kat Chaos
Date: 2014








How old were you when you got your first tattoos?

I was 20 I think! 

How many tattoos do you have? 

Not sure, I have a few and others have progressed and merged into each other so maybe around 20 depending on how you look at it

Which tattoo is your first and which one was your latest? 

My first one was a protective “Seal” a sigil of the ancient ones from Sumerian mythology (Necronomicon) … My latest one is a design I worked out myself which involves the numbers “666” and stylized to look like a “biohazard waste’ sign

How long did it take you to build up your collection?

I’ve been getting they steadily over the last 15 years … when ever I feel the need

A lot of fans tattoo lyrics or favorite band logos, have you ever done that or plan on ever
doing it?

Yeah I have some imagery from bands like Slayer, Venom , Manowar and Bathory and of course some stuff taken from my own band “Reign of Terror” including a logo on my right upper arm

How often have fans of yours shared there tattoo shrines of your band with you and how do you react?

I don’t think anyone has done that yet! I’d love to see it if they did!

How often do you create your own design or have you ever gave a tattoo artist free range?

Nah they’re mostly either derived from occult mythology , or band imagery or stuff I’ve designed myself. Most are even inked by me!

Do you have a piece or a few pieces that have the most meaning to you? Why that specific piece(s) is your favorite?

The one that has the most meaning to me was the one where my little boy drew his name on my arm and I inked it in (with a little help from him) 

Which one of your tattoos was the most painful and where is it?

Dunno,,,, I’ve usually had a few beers when I get a tatt…. But I don’t think it really makes that much difference . In one drinking session my friend tattooed a “Slayer” logo on my foot. That hurt (as he’d never used a tattoo machine before) and it was a boney area of my foot

Which one of your tattoos took the longest to complete?

None of them really took over an hour except the venom goats head on my chest, which I also did myself…. I have yet to build up the tattoo speed a professional has. The stuff I’ve had professionally done were all done in hour sittings or quicker

Do you have a spot on your body that you would never tattoo? 

Probably would never do my face.


Did you pay for all the work you've had done? What was the the most expensive tattoo you've paid for?

Obviously the ones that I did myself I don’t have to pay for and the ones that I got professionally done I really just paid the standard rates that were going at the time, nothing too expensive. Plus I get them done very infrequently so I don’t notice the cost

Which tattoo style do you like best? 

I like most styles, personally the only stuff I'm not into is the tribal designs.

Which artist(s) did your tattoos? 

I've had them done by different folk, nothing really consistent as my tatts are pretty much based on concept rather than a particular artists style

Which tattoo artist do you admire? 

Pretty much all of them! 

Which tattoo artist would you like to get ink by that you've never went to before?

There's a lady in golburn (town near here) … Karen, that I’ve seen her work and its excellent and an up an coming artist  and also Christine from Freestyle tattoo in Canberra

Do you have a specific shop or artist that you frequent?

Nah not really

Some tattoo artist are booked for months, what was the longest you had to wait for your appointment?

I don’t generally wait, just pop in and if they got time … great,,, If not , no worries. I find it hard to book stuff that far ahead even for my own timetable and the way I live my life

How much of your collection was done in your hometown and who are some your favorite artists here? 

All done here in Canberra, I like Chris Cashmore’s style but haven’t had anything from him of late

How many tattoos have you gotten out of your hometown or while on tour? 

None

Do you regret getting any of your tattoos, now hate, want to replace, or have covered up, and why?  

Nah not really, I'm pretty happy with mine, even the stuff from the 90’s, I would like to get my legs redone tho, I have some scarring on my legs that has stuffed af few of my leg work, so one day when I got time I’ll go over the leg work again….. but nothing I regret

Have tattoos affected your life? If so, in what way? 

I don’t think so

Have you ever been discrimination in the workplace and outside the workplace because you have tattoos?

Nah, I'm usually self employed or working in transport if I have a job… but if I ever get an office job mine are easy covered

Have you been approached or featured by any tattoo magazines?

Nope

What advice would you give to someone who was going to get their first tattoo? 

Don’t get anything on your face, hands or lower arms as a first one, get something that’s cover-able in case you do experience work place discrimination, an no names of boyfriends or girlfriends! But other than that I don’t care what people do to be honest

What do you look for when you enter a tattoo parlor? Have you ever walked out of one and for what reasons? 

Nope…. They've all looked pretty good to me

Do you have any tattoos that you Do you have any new tattoos planned or underway?

Yeah want to get a small one of Gene Simmons head done with Kiss make up on and his tongue sticking out… Also want a bottle of “Melbourne Bitter” (my fave beer) tattooed on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment