Sunday 25 May 2014

Interview -My Ink: Axemaster Vocalist Geoff McGraw


Name:  Geoff McGraw

Profession: Musician

Band: Axemaster
Vocalist 

Residence: Ohio

E-mail interview by: Lady Kat Chaos
Date: May 2014








OCZ: How old were you when you got your first tattoos?

Geoff McGraw: 20

OCZ: How many tattoos do you have?

Geoff McGraw: 3

OCZ: Which tattoo is your first and which one was your latest?


Geoff McGraw: Sword And Thistles Right upper Arm was the 1st, and the most recent is the band tattoo on my left foreman.

OCZ: How long did it take you to build up your collection?

Geoff McGraw: 21 Years, I wish I had more but things just seem to get in the way. lol

OCZ: A lot of fans tattoo lyrics or favorite band logos, have you ever done that or plan on ever doing it?

Geoff McGraw: No I prefer images, although I might sometime do some of my own lyrics.

OCZ: How often have fans of yours shared there tattoo shrines of your band with you and how do you react?

Geoff McGraw: I have never had a fan show me a tattoo inspired by any band I have been in, although I would be honored

OCZ: How often do you create your own design or have you ever gave a tattoo artist free range?

Geoff McGraw: I have had say in all my tattoos although I can't draw for crap so it's a mutual thing

OCZ: Do you have a piece or a few pieces that have the most meaning to you? Why that specific piece(s) is your favorite?

Geoff McGraw: Yes, the sword and thistles was designed with my scottish heritage in mind, and the tribal eagle on my back represents my totem spirit which I discovered during a spirit quest.


OCZ: Which one of your tattoos was the most painful and where is it?

Geoff McGraw: The one on my back. They say that every person has one side of their body that has more nerves than the other....I can vouch that this is true. Once the artist got to the left side of my back...wooo boy...adrenalin flashes every 30 seconds.

OCZ: Which one of your tattoos took the longest to complete?

Geoff McGraw: The Eagle, I believe it was 2 hours. I still need to have it filled in so technically it's not finished and that means 10 years..lol

OCZ: Do you have a spot on your body that you would never tattoo?

Geoff McGraw: Yep!

OCZ: Did you pay for all the work you've had done? What was the the most expensive tattoo you've paid for?

Geoff McGraw: Yes, $150 for the Eagle

OCZ: Which tattoo style do you like best?

Geoff McGraw: Not sure, there are great things about all tattoo styles.

OCZ: Which tattoo artist do you admire?

Geoff McGraw:  I am most intrigued by Paul Booth

OCZ: Which tattoo artist would you like to get ink by that you've never went to before?

Geoff McGraw: Duh, Paul Booth

OCZ: Do you have a specific shop or artist that you frequent?

Geoff McGraw: No

OCZ: Some tattoo artist are booked for months, what was the longest you had to wait for your appointment?

Geoff McGraw: I have not had to wait

OCZ: How much of your collection was done in your hometown and who are some your favorite artists here?

Geoff McGraw: Only one from my home town. I have no specific artist.

OCZ: How many tattoos have you gotten out of your hometown or while on tour?

Geoff McGraw: Only one here in my home town, but none on tour...lol there is never enough $ on tour.

OCZ: Do you regret getting any of your tattoos, now hate, want to replace, or have covered up, and why?


Geoff McGraw: The old band logo on my left forearm. Well not anymore.... the band breakup was not good and for a long time I wanted to change it. But I came to believe that it is representative of a time in my life that shouldn't be forgotten, and to cover it up would be to deny that part of my life.

OCZ: Have tattoos affected your life? If so, in what way?

Geoff McGraw: Maybe in some basic way. I enjoy when people ask about mine. But it has never altered how I've lived.

OCZ: Have you ever been discrimination in the workplace and outside the workplace because you have tattoos?

Geoff McGraw: No, although mine are well placed and only one is visible

OCZ: Have you been approached or featured by any tattoo magazines?

Geoff McGraw: No, I don't have enough to have ever attracted someone to ask in that manner....but how cool would that be.

OCZ: What advice would you give to someone who was going to get their first tattoo?

Geoff McGraw: Don't rush it, visit several artists and get opinions of those who have already used those artists. Do make sure that what you get means something to you, and you will never tire of it.

OCZ: What do you look for when you enter a tattoo parlor? Have you ever walked out of one and for what reasons?

Geoff McGraw:  Cleanliness is number one, you are going to be cutting yourself therefore a dirty environment is sure to be a health hazzard. Also do the artists and employees act as ambassadors of the culture or do they ignore you, attitude affects everything...including the work they do for you. And yes if a shop ignores me or appears to have a poor attitude I'm out...same for cleanliness.

OCZ: Do you have any new tattoos planned or underway?

Geoff McGraw: I still have to finish the Eagle on my back and there are several that I would like to get.

OCZ: Do you have an activity of yours that you would like to mention or plug?

Geoff McGraw:  Axemaster!   
www.axemasterofficial.com , www.facebook.com/axemasterofficial

No comments:

Post a Comment